Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Why Excel 2007 still have the 65536 raw limit?

I have a big text file to open. Excel 2007 should be able to handle
more data then the older versions. However, 2007 still only imported
65536 raws for me. (I am using Windows XP.) Does anyone know why? Is
there any way to overcome this problem? Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I think that 2007 has a million rows or whatever it is, but only if the file
was created in 2007. If it's been created in an earlier version the same
restrictions that apply to that version still stand.
You can probably copy paste it in, but you may need to do it in sections,
ie row 1 to 65536, 65537 to whatever etc.
Regards,
Alan.
wrote in message
I have a big text file to open. Excel 2007 should be able to handle
more data then the older versions. However, 2007 still only imported
65536 raws for me. (I am using Windows XP.) Does anyone know why? Is
there any way to overcome this problem? Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thank you guys. My original file is txt file and it does has more than
65537 raws.
After I imported the data, (it only gave me 65537 raws), I can not
insert more raws, this also happens if I create an empty file, copy
and past the data..

JLGWhiz , can you be more specific on the import macro? How to check
it? Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I just did a File, Open of a long text file and all 270,000 rows came in
fine.

If you are "importing" data into an existing sheet, using the Data commands,
you are limited to the rows in that sheet. And if it in the XLS format that
limit is 65k rows.

--
Jim