Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Alan Alan is offline

Default Why Excel 2007 still have the 65536 raw limit?

I think that 2007 has a million rows or whatever it is, but only if the file
was created in 2007. If it's been created in an earlier version the same
restrictions that apply to that version still stand.
You can probably copy paste it in, but you may need to do it in sections,
ie row 1 to 65536, 65537 to whatever etc.
Regards,
Alan.
wrote in message
I have a big text file to open. Excel 2007 should be able to handle
more data then the older versions. However, 2007 still only imported
65536 raws for me. (I am using Windows XP.) Does anyone know why? Is
there any way to overcome this problem? Thanks.