Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Where's the bottom, horizontal scroll bar as in earlier version?

Hi,
I just upgraded to the excel in Office Home and Student 2007. Where's the
bottom, horizontal scroll bar that allows you to move right to left with your
mouse, without using the arrow keys? I see the vertical tool bar is still
there.

Please Advise,

Elizabeth
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Elizabeth,

Click on the microsoft botton (top left of screen)
Select Excel options (towards bottom right of dialog box)
Select Advanced (left column)
Scroll down right side of dialog box to 'Display options for this workbook'
Check the box for 'Show horizontal scroll bar'

OssieMac

"Elizabeth" wrote:

Hi,
I just upgraded to the excel in Office Home and Student 2007. Where's the
bottom, horizontal scroll bar that allows you to move right to left with your
mouse, without using the arrow keys? I see the vertical tool bar is still
there.

Please Advise,

Elizabeth

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
hb hb is offline

Default Where's the bottom, horizontal scroll bar as in earlier versio

I also have an older worksheet which does not display a horizontal scrollbar
when opened in Excel 2007.
I have gone to the options tab as indicated, and the 'show horizontal
toolbar' option is already checked.
I have tried unchecking it and saving the document so that I could then
maybe check it again to get it to work, but even if I uncheck the option and
save the document, when I open it again the box is already checked and the
scrollbar is not there. I can see a scroll bar if I use the "full view", but
then I can't get to anything on the tool bar to make any modifications.
Any ideas?

"Elizabeth" wrote:

Hi,
I just upgraded to the excel in Office Home and Student 2007. Where's the
bottom, horizontal scroll bar that allows you to move right to left with your
mouse, without using the arrow keys? I see the vertical tool bar is still
there.

Please Advise,

Elizabeth

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I don't know the answer. However, do you know if the scroll bars were turned
on when it was in the older version? Also have you converted the file to
xl2007 or are you using it in compatibility mode? If in compatibility mode
then try converting it to xl2007. (Search Help for 'File format' for how to
save as xl2007 format.)

OssieMac