Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Can I save as an earlier version of excel?

I need to submit an excel file in version 7.0 or lower, I am using excel
2003. Is there a way to do this?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Try just saving the normal way.

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"Lori" wrote in message
I need to submit an excel file in version 7.0 or lower, I am using excel
2003. Is there a way to do this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Save as... look at the different file types

Steve
On Sun, 28 Jan 2007 23:28:00 -0000, Lori
wrote:

I need to submit an excel file in version 7.0 or lower, I am using excel
2003. Is there a way to do this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

xl7 is the same as xl95.

Look for "microsoft excel 5.0/95 workbook (*.xls) in that "save as type" box.

If you're looking for even earlier versions, you may have to go back to a wks or
wk1 file.

I'd do some saving and testing.

You may find that saving as a .csv file is even better???

Lori wrote:

I need to submit an excel file in version 7.0 or lower, I am using excel
2003. Is there a way to do this?

--

Dave Peterson