Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default paste special transpose problem

I want to copy / paste specialtranspose rows of numerical data from one
excel workbook to another.

Nearly every time I right click on the destination worksheet instead of
giving me the "paste special" menu to select "transpose" it gives me a
selection box asking me to select a format.

I tried adding a paste special button to the toolbar, but it still brings up
the same object menu.

My colleague does not have this problem so I'm guessing it's to do with my
set up.
It is the same in excel 2003 & 2007
Can anyone suggest how to fix this problem?

Thank-you.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I would say you have each workbook open in a separate instance of Excel.

Close one instance and open both workbooks in the same instance.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP