Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
sml

Default When I special paste and transpose....

When I select my row, copy, special paste, and transpose a message that reads:

The information cannot be pasted because the Copy area and the paste area
are not the same size and shape. Try one of the following:

Click a single cell, and then paste
Select a rectangle that's the same size and shape, and then paste

I have no idea what this means. Any help out there?

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
bpeltzer

Before you paste, you should select where to paste. The easiest approach
will be to select a single cell (that is, click in a single cell which will
be the first into which the data is pasted). You should also select it such
that, when pasting the transposed row, it will not cross the original source
region.
Ex: you've selected row 1 and hit edit copy. Now click in cell A2 and
THEN paste special, transpose.

"sml" wrote:

When I select my row, copy, special paste, and transpose a message that reads:

The information cannot be pasted because the Copy area and the paste area
are not the same size and shape. Try one of the following:

Click a single cell, and then paste
Select a rectangle that's the same size and shape, and then paste

I have no idea what this means. Any help out there?

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Gord Dibben

Have you tried selecting a single cell and pasting as the message suggests?

Select the row1 header which selects the entire row.

Select cell A2 and paste specialtranspose.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Tue, 10 Jan 2006 16:10:03 -0800, sml wrote:

When I select my row, copy, special paste, and transpose a message that reads:

The information cannot be pasted because the Copy area and the paste area
are not the same size and shape. Try one of the following:

Click a single cell, and then paste
Select a rectangle that's the same size and shape, and then paste

I have no idea what this means. Any help out there?

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
sml

I was able to transpose one item, but when I tried to transpose more than one
the same message came up. I'm not sure what I am doing wrong.
Thanks for the help.

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

Have you tried selecting a single cell and pasting as the message suggests?

Select the row1 header which selects the entire row.

Select cell A2 and paste specialtranspose.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Tue, 10 Jan 2006 16:10:03 -0800, sml wrote:

When I select my row, copy, special paste, and transpose a message that reads:

The information cannot be pasted because the Copy area and the paste area
are not the same size and shape. Try one of the following:

Click a single cell, and then paste
Select a rectangle that's the same size and shape, and then paste

I have no idea what this means. Any help out there?

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Gord Dibben

I'm not sure either.

What are you selecting? Give row number or address of range.

Where are you trying to paste special that selection?

I have no problem when using the steps I gave at first posting.

Gord