Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ron Carr

Default Paste Special / transpose

Excel 2003: I have a spreadsheet of 275 rows and columns to FQ.
Column A is all headings.
I want to transpose the entire spreadsheet, so I can then import it into
Access - that is with column headings as columns.
When I copy, go to another worksheet, right click in A1, and select Paste
Special / Transpose, I get the message that the copied data won't fit.
I have done this before successfully, but now - no joy.
I even made sure the row heights were the same!
Any ideas?
Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Duke Carey

Since Excel has only 256 columns, you won't be able to transpose 275 rows.

You can transpose half into one worksheet, half into another, then combine
the tow in Access.

"Ron Carr" wrote:

Excel 2003: I have a spreadsheet of 275 rows and columns to FQ.
Column A is all headings.
I want to transpose the entire spreadsheet, so I can then import it into
Access - that is with column headings as columns.
When I copy, go to another worksheet, right click in A1, and select Paste
Special / Transpose, I get the message that the copied data won't fit.
I have done this before successfully, but now - no joy.
I even made sure the row heights were the same!
Any ideas?
Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ron Carr