Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default XLStart in Office 2007

Hello!

May I know what is the equivalent of book.xlt stored in XLStart in EXCEL 2007?

I tried THEMES, but it does not start automatically in the desired format.

Appreciate your help.

zhj23
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

The default template file extension is xltx I don't know what you mean by
default book.xlt
I don't have one in my start folder. You can create a book.xlt if you want
to customize new workbooks

Peo Sjoblom

"zhj23" wrote in message
Hello!

May I know what is the equivalent of book.xlt stored in XLStart in EXCEL
2007?

I tried THEMES, but it does not start automatically in the desired format.

Appreciate your help.

zhj23

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks for the reply.

During the "save as", excel 2007 only allows 'Excel template' and do not
allow us the spcecify the file extension as "*.xltx".

Moreover, where can I find the start folder XLStart as in the 2003 version?

zhj23

"zhj23" wrote in message
Hello!

May I know what is the equivalent of book.xlt stored in XLStart in EXCEL
2007?

I tried THEMES, but it does not start automatically in the desired format.

Appreciate your help.

zhj23

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

See this page for a sheet template.
You see where you can find the folder there
http://www.rondebruin.nl/sheettemplate.htm

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"zhj23" wrote in message
Hello!

May I know what is the equivalent of book.xlt stored in XLStart in EXCEL
2007?

I tried THEMES, but it does not start automatically in the desired format.

Appreciate your help.

zhj23

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hello! Ron

Thanks for the useful info.

However, after I saved the template as "Sheet.xltx" and placed it in
XLSTART, EXCEL still does not open new workbook according what is specified
in Sheet.xltx.

In EXCEL2003, the moment I open I got what is being specified. Please
enlighten.

zhj23