Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Large Database Problem-linking worksheets and printing

I have a very large worksheet. My aim is to have Excel print automatically
the first Column and one of the Columns that follows.
For example
Page 1=Column A & B,
Page 2=Column A & C,
Page 3=Column A & D
....and so on and so on.

Does anyone know how to do this? So far I have figured out that in the €śPage
Setup -- Sheet-- Columns to repeat at left€ť... I can make Column A repeat
on each printed page. To print only 2 Columns, Column A and one of the ones
that follows it, I would have to manually select the next column, but the
worksheet is so large that this will take a very long time. How can I get
Excel to do this automatically?

As well, is there a way to create a linked worksheet database?
What I mean is that there would be a master worksheet, and I can create a
shortcut of certain columns on another worksheet. The two worksheets would be
linked so that if I change anything on the master worksheet, the shortcut
worksheet would change as well, and vice versa.

I have Excel 2000.

Thank you to all that helps

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I have a very large worksheet. My aim is to have Excel print
automatically the first Column and one of the Columns that follows.
For example
Page 1=Column A & B,
Page 2=Column A & C,
Page 3=Column A & D
...and so on and so on.

Does anyone know how to do this? So far I have figured out that in the
€śPage Setup -- Sheet-- Columns to repeat at left€ť... I can make
Column A repeat on each printed page. To print only 2 Columns, Column
A and one of the ones that follows it, I would have to manually select
the next column, but the worksheet is so large that this will take a
very long time. How can I get Excel to do this automatically?

If you make the column widths all the same, maybe it would help to set the
page margin wide enough so that each page has two columns: the repeated one
and a sequential one.

One way to do this is to use
File Print preview
and click the "margins" button then drag the right-most and left-most
margin markers to suit.

(I have Excel 2003.)