Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jenny

Default Problem printing a large excel cell

How do I get an excel cell that exceeds 1,024 characters to print? I have
typed a paragraph that exceeds the 1,024 character display limit, but does
not exceed the 32,767 length of cell contents limit. The page is set up with
multiple columns, the content is typed into one cell, and then several cells
over the rows and columns are merged and text is wrapped. Everything shows
in the formula bar, but the display on the page is cut off and when I print
it is cut off. I have tried printing to 2 different printers on our network.
I'm using Excel 2003. I think my operating system is XP.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson

If you add alt-enters (to force new lines within the cell) every 80-100
characters, you'll be able to see more characters.

And if you widen the column, increase the rowheight and use a smaller font, you
may be able to print (and see) what you want.

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jenny

Thank you Dave. :) While I am not able to see all the characters the way I
would like to while looking at the worksheet page, I can see them in the
formula bar. I did not want to change the row/column settings as we are
working with a template. This did make it though so that everything I typed
within that cell printed for me, and that's the main thing I was looking for.
Thank you again. :)

Jenny wrote:

How do I get an excel cell that exceeds 1,024 characters to print? I have
typed a paragraph that exceeds the 1,024 character display limit, but does
not exceed the 32,767 length of cell contents limit. The page is set up with
multiple columns, the content is typed into one cell, and then several cells
over the rows and columns are merged and text is wrapped. Everything shows
in the formula bar, but the display on the page is cut off and when I print
it is cut off. I have tried printing to 2 different printers on our network.
I'm using Excel 2003. I think my operating system is XP.

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I am also having the problem Jenny explained however, when I resize my font
to even a 7 then widen my box I can see a lot of space below the typed text
content. When I print preview and also print, the content is still either
cut off or prints right on the outline of the box. I have talked to our tech
at school and she cannot figure this out either. We have to drage the bar
pretty far to make the content print within the box.