TonyKA

Default Updating Problem with Large Excel File

Dear ALL,

I am currently working on a excel workbook which has reached 284 sheets and
is approx. 34MB in size.

The problem I am having is that sheets which have formulas between them are
not always updating. I Have the automatic calculation settings o.k etc so i
do not think it is that.
If i eneter a new formula that formula works but to get old formulas to work
I need to refresh the data i.e. copy paste the formula again for the old
formulas to update any changes from new data entered.

This creates a problem of that I can not trust the data derived from the
workbook as it would take days to check if all the relevant formulas have
updated automativcally or not.

Is there a limit to the number of calculations a work book can do ?

--
Thanks,
TKA
Tom Ogilvy

Believe the status bar should show Calculate if the workbook is not
completely calculated.

try using Ctrl+Alt+Shift+F9 to force a recalc. (assume xl2002 or later).

Tom Ogilvy

"TonyKA" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
lkd lkd is offline

Tom,

I was having the same problem in my worksheet and using Ctrl+Alt+Shift+F9 to
force a recalculation worked to update the values. How do I get it to do
this automatically so I don't have to use Ctrl+Alt+Shift+F9 everytime? It's
not the automatic calculating setting because that is all set to automatic.
Any ideas?

Thanks,

Lauren