Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ron Ron is offline

Default Excel 2007 crash when trying to add macro button to QAT

Hello:

I recently switched to Excel 2007 and am having difficulty adding a button
to the Quick Access Toolbar so as to assign a macro to it. When I open Excel
Options -Customize and try to choose Macros from the "Choose commands from"
list, Excel crashes and generates a "MS Office Excel has encountered a
problem and needs to close..." window. I have my macros open as hidden when
Excel is launched. They show up in the macro list and run fine from there.
Any suggestions would be much appreciated. Thanks!
--
Ron
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Try to Run Office Diagnostics firts on

Office ButtonExcel Options...Resources

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"Ron" wrote in message ...
Hello:

I recently switched to Excel 2007 and am having difficulty adding a button
to the Quick Access Toolbar so as to assign a macro to it. When I open Excel
Options -Customize and try to choose Macros from the "Choose commands from"
list, Excel crashes and generates a "MS Office Excel has encountered a
problem and needs to close..." window. I have my macros open as hidden when
Excel is launched. They show up in the macro list and run fine from there.
Any suggestions would be much appreciated. Thanks!
--
Ron

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ron Ron is offline

I figured it out myself. The macro worksheet needs to be unhidden for the
macros to load into the Excel Options-Customize-Choose commands from-Macros
list.
--
Ron