Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Excel 2007 Office Button

Hooray! It's finally letting me post my question! When I click on the
Office button, the Recent Documents list doesn't make any sense. A large
number of unpinned documents stay on the list. I can't get rid of them.
Meanwhile, the ones I have pinned stay for a while and then disappear. And
the pinned and unpinned documents are in no obvious order - they're all mixed
in together. The Recent Documents list would be a good feature if it
actually included only recent documents. What is going on???
--
Ross
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Your experience is different than mine. When I open a workbook it goes to
the first position in the list. All others move down one including those
pinned. But pinned workbooks do not slide off the bottom so they tend to
stack up there if I don't open them. I haven't noticed a pinned workbook
disappear either.

--
Jim
"Ross" wrote in message
| Hooray! It's finally letting me post my question! When I click on the
| Office button, the Recent Documents list doesn't make any sense. A large
| number of unpinned documents stay on the list. I can't get rid of them.
| Meanwhile, the ones I have pinned stay for a while and then disappear.
And
| the pinned and unpinned documents are in no obvious order - they're all
mixed
| in together. The Recent Documents list would be a good feature if it
| actually included only recent documents. What is going on???
| --
| Ross

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

That's the way it should work. I wonder if there is an update to Excel I
need to install?
--
Ross

"Ross" wrote in message
| Hooray! It's finally letting me post my question! When I click on the
| Office button, the Recent Documents list doesn't make any sense. A large
| number of unpinned documents stay on the list. I can't get rid of them.
| Meanwhile, the ones I have pinned stay for a while and then disappear.
And
| the pinned and unpinned documents are in no obvious order - they're all
mixed
| in together. The Recent Documents list would be a good feature if it
| actually included only recent documents. What is going on???
| --
| Ross

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I guess there has been the odd security update but I'm not aware of any bug
fixes having been released. My Excel version is 12.0.6024.5000.

--
Jim
"Ross" wrote in message
| That's the way it should work. I wonder if there is an update to Excel I
| need to install?
| --
| Ross
|

| "Jim Rech" wrote:
|
| Your experience is different than mine. When I open a workbook it goes
| the first position in the list. All others move down one including
those
| pinned. But pinned workbooks do not slide off the bottom so they tend
| stack up there if I don't open them. I haven't noticed a pinned
workbook
| disappear either.
|
| --
| Jim
| "Ross" wrote in message
| | Hooray! It's finally letting me post my question! When I click on
the
| | Office button, the Recent Documents list doesn't make any sense. A
large
| | number of unpinned documents stay on the list. I can't get rid of
them.
| | Meanwhile, the ones I have pinned stay for a while and then disappear.
| And
| | the pinned and unpinned documents are in no obvious order - they're
all
| mixed
| | in together. The Recent Documents list would be a good feature if it
| | actually included only recent documents. What is going on???
| | --
| | Ross

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I don't know where to find my version number now that the About option
appears to have disappeared. I checked for updates yesterday and the only
thing I found was an optional video card driver that, as it turned out,
happened to be for mine, so I installed that. At 6 PM there was an automatic
update, but I don't know what was installed by that. As of a minute ago,
there are 3 pinned recent documents, numbers 1-3 on the list. Number 4-9
(why are there 9 with numbers?) are unpinned. The remaining unpinned ones
are all unnumbered. Files I've recently accessed are not on the list while
older ones are. As I access a new file, a previously pinned one disappears
from the list. Weird!
--
Ross