Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Editing a workbook at the same time

How can my co worker and I at the different locations edit the same book at
the same time--live editing?

Is it possible with Excell 2003 ?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

ToolsShare Workbook.

Note: some functionality will be lost with this setting.

See help on shared workbooks for issues.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Tue, 14 Aug 2007 11:22:04 -0700, selin
wrote:

How can my co worker and I at the different locations edit the same book at
the same time--live editing?

Is it possible with Excell 2003 ?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Effectively you can't both edit the same book at the same time. XL does not
handle concurrent users well. You can share the workbook but that comes with
it's own list of problems and difficulties.
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"selin" wrote:

How can my co worker and I at the different locations edit the same book at
the same time--live editing?

Is it possible with Excell 2003 ?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

Share a workbook

1. Create a workbook you want to make available for multiuser editing, and
enter any data you want to provide.

If you want to include any of the following features, add them now: merged
cells, conditional formats, data validation, charts, pictures, objects
including drawing objects, hyperlinks, scenarios, outlines, subtotals, data
tables, PivotTable reports, workbook and worksheet protection, and macros.
You can't make changes to these features after you share the workbook.

2. On the Tools menu, click Share Workbook, and then click the Editing tab.
3. Select the Allow changes by more than one user at the same time check
box, and then click OK.
4. When prompted, save the workbook.
5. On the File menu, click Save As, and then save the workbook on a network
location accessible to the intended users. Use a shared network folder, not a
Web server.
6. Check any links to other workbooks or documents, and fix any that are
broken.

Notes

All users with access to the network share have full access to the shared
workbook (shared workbook: A workbook set up to allow multiple users on a
network to view and make changes at the same time. Each user who saves the
workbook sees the changes made by other users.), unless you use the Protect
Sheet command (Tools menu, Protection submenu) to restrict access.

The users who will edit the shared workbook need Microsoft Excel 97 or later
(Microsoft Windows).

For trouble shooting shared workbooks, please refer to "Troubleshoot shared
workbooks" topic in the Microsoft Excel 2003 online help.

Challa Prabhu