Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How can you paste a spreadsheet from Excel without gridlines?

Hi guys,
I need to copy/paste some tables from Excel to my presentation in MS Word.
The gridlines disappear when I turned them off in the TOOLS/OPTIONS/VIEW
section, but they reappear when you paste them into MS Word What's the
secret?

PhillyRon
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If you paste special as unformatted text then that's what you will get, you
can also paste using ctrl + v, select the table, do tableconvert and select
convert table to text and select your delimiter

Peo Sjoblom

"PhillyRon" wrote in message
Hi guys,
I need to copy/paste some tables from Excel to my presentation in MS Word.
The gridlines disappear when I turned them off in the TOOLS/OPTIONS/VIEW
section, but they reappear when you paste them into MS Word What's the
secret?

PhillyRon

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Peo,

The point is to preserve the table formatting that I worked hard to produce
in Excel, so converting everythng to text would defeat the purpose. Sorry.

Any other solutions out there?

PhillyRon

"PhillyRon" wrote in message
Hi guys,
I need to copy/paste some tables from Excel to my presentation in MS Word.
The gridlines disappear when I turned them off in the TOOLS/OPTIONS/VIEW
section, but they reappear when you paste them into MS Word What's the
secret?

PhillyRon

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

In Word (it is actually more of a Word than Excel question) select the table
(click the little square top left), do tabletable properties, click borders
and shading, then click the none icon

However having said that, normally when you paste using ctrl + v you won't
get gridlines, just formatting and borders if they exist in the source
data. Also you can turn on and off gridlines from tablehide gridlines in
Word

Peo Sjoblom

"PhillyRon" wrote in message
Hi guys,
I need to copy/paste some tables from Excel to my presentation in MS
Word.
The gridlines disappear when I turned them off in the
TOOLS/OPTIONS/VIEW
section, but they reappear when you paste them into MS Word What's the
secret?

PhillyRon

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Peo,

Oddly, initially using ctrl +v pasting doesn't remove the gridlines, but
your two suggestions to eliminate them within WORD work perfectly (after
which ctrl+v does work for the rest of the pasting). Thanks for ending my
frustration!

PhillyRon

"PhillyRon" wrote in message
Hi guys,
I need to copy/paste some tables from Excel to my presentation in MS
Word.
The gridlines disappear when I turned them off in the
TOOLS/OPTIONS/VIEW
section, but they reappear when you paste them into MS Word What's the
secret?

PhillyRon

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I have a similar question in Excel 2007/PowerPoint 2007.

I'm copying a mixed sheet (chart with separate numeric tables).

I want to copy the sheet in Excel exactly as laid out into Power Point, just
not the gridlines. I used to be able to do this in prior versions.

I copy, then Edit|Paste Special. I need to be able to resize in PowerPoint
too.

Thanks,

Bob Pomeroy
p.s. NOT a fan of the new Ribbon in 2007.