Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Peo Sjoblom Peo Sjoblom is offline

Default How can you paste a spreadsheet from Excel without gridlines?

In Word (it is actually more of a Word than Excel question) select the table
(click the little square top left), do tabletable properties, click borders
and shading, then click the none icon

However having said that, normally when you paste using ctrl + v you won't
get gridlines, just formatting and borders if they exist in the source
data. Also you can turn on and off gridlines from tablehide gridlines in
Word

Peo Sjoblom

"PhillyRon" wrote in message
Peo,

The point is to preserve the table formatting that I worked hard to
produce
in Excel, so converting everythng to text would defeat the purpose.
Sorry.

Any other solutions out there?

PhillyRon

"Peo Sjoblom" wrote:

If you paste special as unformatted text then that's what you will get,
you
can also paste using ctrl + v, select the table, do tableconvert and
select
convert table to text and select your delimiter

Peo Sjoblom

"PhillyRon" wrote in message
Hi guys,
I need to copy/paste some tables from Excel to my presentation in MS
Word.
The gridlines disappear when I turned them off in the
TOOLS/OPTIONS/VIEW
section, but they reappear when you paste them into MS Word What's the
secret?

PhillyRon