Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
J@Y J@Y is offline

Default Cell doesn't update automatically even when Calculations are on Au

This problem happened once. None of my cells which had link reference to
another cell in another worksheet was updating. I had to go in there and
select then enter. I have Calculations in options on automatic. It's weird
because after I select and enter, the cells start updating bythemselves
again. Anyone experienced this or know why it happened?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Just an Excel hiccup.

Try this little trick to force the formulas back to formulas without select and
Enter.

Select all cells then EditReplace

What: =

With: =

Replace all.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Thu, 21 Jun 2007 09:30:02 -0700, J@Y wrote:

This problem happened once. None of my cells which had link reference to
another cell in another worksheet was updating. I had to go in there and
select then enter. I have Calculations in options on automatic. It's weird
because after I select and enter, the cells start updating bythemselves
again. Anyone experienced this or know why it happened?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
J@Y J@Y is offline

Default Cell doesn't update automatically even when Calculations are o

Witty solution, thanks.

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

Just an Excel hiccup.

Try this little trick to force the formulas back to formulas without select and
Enter.

Select all cells then EditReplace

What: =

With: =

Replace all.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Thu, 21 Jun 2007 09:30:02 -0700, J@Y wrote:

This problem happened once. None of my cells which had link reference to
another cell in another worksheet was updating. I had to go in there and
select then enter. I have Calculations in options on automatic. It's weird
because after I select and enter, the cells start updating bythemselves
again. Anyone experienced this or know why it happened?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I have never figured out when and why Excel changes formulas to text format in
this manner.

Gord

On Thu, 21 Jun 2007 11:49:00 -0700, J@Y wrote:

Witty solution, thanks.