Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gord Dibben Gord Dibben is offline

Default Cell doesn't update automatically even when Calculations are o

I have never figured out when and why Excel changes formulas to text format in
this manner.

Gord

On Thu, 21 Jun 2007 11:49:00 -0700, J@Y wrote:

Witty solution, thanks.

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

Just an Excel hiccup.

Try this little trick to force the formulas back to formulas without select and
Enter.

Select all cells then EditReplace

What: =

With: =

Replace all.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Thu, 21 Jun 2007 09:30:02 -0700, J@Y wrote:

This problem happened once. None of my cells which had link reference to
another cell in another worksheet was updating. I had to go in there and
select then enter. I have Calculations in options on automatic. It's weird
because after I select and enter, the cells start updating bythemselves
again. Anyone experienced this or know why it happened?