Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Opening New Spreadsheets - Always getting Macro Msg.

I have copied and Excel Workbook from my Hard Drive onto a floppy.

Next, I take it to another PC to open the file. I always get the message:
"Asking . . . Do I want to enable the Macros or not.

I always want to enable the Macros and I don't want the question displayed.

How do I get rid of this question ?

I am running XP and Excel 2000.

The other PC's are running Excel 2000 and either XP, Windows 98 or Windows 95.

All do the same, opening the file with the enable message ?

Please
Thanks
Launchnet

--
Please take a look at www.openoursite.com and you will see how I want to
use.

God Bless for helping

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Launchnet,

You can set the Macro Security (Tools - Options - Security - Macro security) setting to Low.
It won't warn you of the presence of macros. I suspect that's what the other machines are
doing. It's not a good idea. If a workbook comes along that has macros, you won't know
about it, and if it's malicious, there you go.
--
Earl Kiosterud
www.smokeylake.com

Note: Some folks prefer bottom-posting.
But if you bottom-post to a reply that's
already top-posted, the thread gets messy.
When in Rome...
"Launchnet" <u20911@uwe wrote in message news:73a7ddf31ec36@uwe...
I have copied and Excel Workbook from my Hard Drive onto a floppy.

Next, I take it to another PC to open the file. I always get the message:
"Asking . . . Do I want to enable the Macros or not.

I always want to enable the Macros and I don't want the question displayed.

How do I get rid of this question ?

I am running XP and Excel 2000.

The other PC's are running Excel 2000 and either XP, Windows 98 or Windows 95.

All do the same, opening the file with the enable message ?

Please
Thanks
Launchnet

--
Please take a look at www.openoursite.com and you will see how I want to
use.

God Bless for helping

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

In addition to Earl's advice..............

Excel 97 and 95 did not have levels of security.

All or nothing is the setting for macros.

I think levels came in with 2000 version.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Wed, 13 Jun 2007 20:08:26 -0400, "Earl Kiosterud"
wrote:

Launchnet,

You can set the Macro Security (Tools - Options - Security - Macro security) setting to Low.
It won't warn you of the presence of macros. I suspect that's what the other machines are
doing. It's not a good idea. If a workbook comes along that has macros, you won't know
about it, and if it's malicious, there you go.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Gord Dibben wrote:
In addition to Earl's advice..............

Excel 97 and 95 did not have levels of security.

All or nothing is the setting for macros.

I think levels came in with 2000 version.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

Launchnet,

You can set the Macro Security (Tools - Options - Security - Macro security) setting to Low.
It won't warn you of the presence of macros. I suspect that's what the other machines are
doing. It's not a good idea. If a workbook comes along that has macros, you won't know
about it, and if it's malicious, there you go.

Thanks fellows...
I copied the disk to another PC using a floppy and everytime that I open the
workbook it still asks if I want to enable the macro's.

I would think that there is a setting of some type in Excel that would allow
this copied sheet to work without asking the security question each time it's
opened. The user clicking "Enable" the first time when opening the sheet
from the hard disk should thereafter allow the file to opened without having
to manually click "enable".

Any more ideas ?
Thanks

--
Please take a look at www.openoursite.com and you will see how I want to
use.

God Bless for helping

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Assuming there are macros in the workbook that you want the users to access, you
can digitally sign the workbook and make it trusted.

See help on digital signatures.

Or set the security level to low or nothing as Earl said.........but not
recommended.

Gord