Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Opening Multiple Spreadsheets- Excel 2003

Many times I need to compare two spreadsheets. If I open an already saved
second spreadsheet via My Documents, it opens in the same screen as the first
spreadsheet I have open. Currently I have to open the second spreadsheet via
Excel to be able to be able to look at the spreadsheets side by side. Is
there a setting in Excel that will automatically open the second spreadsheet
into it's own window.

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Naz Naz is offline

You can open both in one instance of Excel and then click Windows Arrange
Horizontal

You can resize as necessary

Does that help
--

_______________________
Naz,

"TellingTales" wrote:

Many times I need to compare two spreadsheets. If I open an already saved
second spreadsheet via My Documents, it opens in the same screen as the first
spreadsheet I have open. Currently I have to open the second spreadsheet via
Excel to be able to be able to look at the spreadsheets side by side. Is
there a setting in Excel that will automatically open the second spreadsheet
into it's own window.

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Use windownew window to open a second instance of the same file, if done
correctly you should get numbers at the end of the files for each instance
that is opened

Peo Sjoblom

"TellingTales" wrote in message
Many times I need to compare two spreadsheets. If I open an already saved
second spreadsheet via My Documents, it opens in the same screen as the
first
spreadsheet I have open. Currently I have to open the second spreadsheet
via
Excel to be able to be able to look at the spreadsheets side by side. Is
there a setting in Excel that will automatically open the second
spreadsheet
into it's own window.

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Do the following:
1. Open the file in Excel.
2. On the Window menu, click the New Window.
You will find the instance of the same excel with suffix :2, :3 and so on.
The :1 and :2 or isntance of the sheet.

Important: If you click the Close command on the File menu. all instances of
the Excel will be closed.

3. On the Window menu, clic Arrange.
The Arrange Window dialog box is displayed. Choose one of the options:
Tiled, Vertical, Horizantal, Cascade. It is recommended that you select
Vertical.

4. Click OK.

Note: To close any instance of sheet, click the close window icon of that
particular instance only.

Challa Prabhu