Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gord Dibben Gord Dibben is offline

Default Opening New Spreadsheets - Always getting Macro Msg.

In addition to Earl's advice..............

Excel 97 and 95 did not have levels of security.

All or nothing is the setting for macros.

I think levels came in with 2000 version.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Wed, 13 Jun 2007 20:08:26 -0400, "Earl Kiosterud"
wrote:

Launchnet,

You can set the Macro Security (Tools - Options - Security - Macro security) setting to Low.
It won't warn you of the presence of macros. I suspect that's what the other machines are
doing. It's not a good idea. If a workbook comes along that has macros, you won't know
about it, and if it's malicious, there you go.