Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Formula for sorting a range of cells in decending order

Hi

I have different values autogenerated by formula in a range of cells for
suppose A1:Z1. I need to know a formula for sorting the range (A1:Z1) and
getting displayed in descending order in a column of cells.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Saskitan,

I may have not understood correctly but you don't need a formula for this.

Select your column and then

Data|sort|Column A|Ascending and click OK.

Mike

"Sasikiran" wrote:

Hi

I have different values autogenerated by formula in a range of cells for
suppose A1:Z1. I need to know a formula for sorting the range (A1:Z1) and
getting displayed in descending order in a column of cells.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Mike,

I have a list of values autogenerated by formula in a range of row for
suppose (A1:Z1).

I need a formula which checks the range A1:Z1 and should sort the values in
descending order and listed automatically in a column for suppose C3:C26

Sasikiran

"Sasikiran" wrote:

Hi

I have different values autogenerated by formula in a range of cells for
suppose A1:Z1. I need to know a formula for sorting the range (A1:Z1) and
getting displayed in descending order in a column of cells.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

In C3 enter this formula then drag down to C26

=INDEX($1:$1,ROWS($1:1))

Now sort row 1.........DataSortOptionsSort left to right.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

"Sasikiran" wrote:

Hi

I have different values autogenerated by formula in a range of cells for
suppose A1:Z1. I need to know a formula for sorting the range (A1:Z1) and
getting displayed in descending order in a column of cells.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Gord,

I have given the formula but its giving me a error #REF!
The formula I have used is

=INDEX(B51:K51,ROWS(B55:B65))

Have I given the formula wrong?

Sasikiran

"Sasikiran" wrote:

Hi

I have different values autogenerated by formula in a range of cells for
suppose A1:Z1. I need to know a formula for sorting the range (A1:Z1) and
getting displayed in descending order in a column of cells.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

What happened to A1:Z1 range and C3:C26?

Where is the original data and where do you want it placed for sorting?

You cannot write the formula as you have tried.

Must be single row reference only, not ranges.

Gord

"Sasikiran" wrote:

Hi

I have different values autogenerated by formula in a range of cells for
suppose A1:Z1. I need to know a formula for sorting the range (A1:Z1) and
getting displayed in descending order in a column of cells.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

I have tried using the formula but it is showing an error #REF!

The formula I have used is =INDEX(B51:K51,ROWS(B55:65))

Please let me know if I have entered anything wrong?

Sasikiran