Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Sorting and Eliminating Blank Cells in Formula range

I have created a simple formula to compare 2 values and now I would like to
sort the cells Alpabetically but since they contain formulas. I would like to
find a way to place these values on a seperate worksheet and excel
automatically eliminate the blank cells.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

"Santas Helper" wrote:

I have created a simple formula to compare 2 values and now I would like to
sort the cells Alpabetically but since they contain formulas. I would like to
find a way to place these values on a seperate worksheet and excel
automatically eliminate the blank cells.

The formula is as follows:

=if(a1=b1,b1,"")

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi Santa's Helper,

on worksheet1, if your fomulas are on Column C.

1. insert a blank row on Row1
2. click column C header,
3. from menu, Datafilterautofilternon-blanks
4. select data on column C, click editcopy

go to next worksheet2

5. on cell A2, click editpastespecialvaluesenter
6. click column A header,
7. click autosort button (AZ) ..

take care of your original file, do this on another save-as workbook.
Merry Christmas.^2