-   -   Sorting and Eliminating Blank Cells in Formula range (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/120036-sorting-eliminating-blank-cells-formula-range.html)

Santas Helper

Sorting and Eliminating Blank Cells in Formula range

I have created a simple formula to compare 2 values and now I would like to
sort the cells Alpabetically but since they contain formulas. I would like to
find a way to place these values on a seperate worksheet and excel
automatically eliminate the blank cells.

driller

Sorting and Eliminating Blank Cells in Formula range

can you post the formulas to see sensitivity and meaning?

"Santas Helper" wrote:

I have created a simple formula to compare 2 values and now I would like to
sort the cells Alpabetically but since they contain formulas. I would like to
find a way to place these values on a seperate worksheet and excel
automatically eliminate the blank cells.

The formula is as follows:

=if(a1=b1,b1,"")

driller

Sorting and Eliminating Blank Cells in Formula range

Hi Santa's Helper,

on worksheet1, if your fomulas are on Column C.

1. insert a blank row on Row1
2. click column C header,
3. from menu, Datafilterautofilternon-blanks
4. select data on column C, click editcopy

go to next worksheet2

5. on cell A2, click editpastespecialvaluesenter
6. click column A header,
7. click autosort button (AZ) ..

take care of your original file, do this on another save-as workbook.
Merry Christmas.^2