Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Sasikiran Sasikiran is offline

Default Formula for sorting a range of cells in decending order

Hi,

I have tried using the formula but it is showing an error #REF!

The formula I have used is =INDEX(B51:K51,ROWS(B55:65))

Please let me know if I have entered anything wrong?

Sasikiran

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

In C3 enter this formula then drag down to C26

=INDEX($1:$1,ROWS($1:1))

Now sort row 1.........DataSortOptionsSort left to right.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Mon, 4 Jun 2007 08:10:01 -0700, Sasikiran
wrote:

Mike,

I have a list of values autogenerated by formula in a range of row for
suppose (A1:Z1).

I need a formula which checks the range A1:Z1 and should sort the values in
descending order and listed automatically in a column for suppose C3:C26

Sasikiran

"Mike H" wrote:

Saskitan,

I may have not understood correctly but you don't need a formula for this.

Select your column and then

Data|sort|Column A|Ascending and click OK.

Mike

"Sasikiran" wrote:

Hi

I have different values autogenerated by formula in a range of cells for
suppose A1:Z1. I need to know a formula for sorting the range (A1:Z1) and
getting displayed in descending order in a column of cells.