Matt Caswell

Default Sorting a range of cells that get value from other cells

I'm trying to sort a range of cells that get their value from the same
worksheet but in a different section. ie: I have a list of names starting at
A5:A25. On another part of the worksheet, I have cells that get their value
from =A5, =A6 etc. I want to be able to sort the second area but every time
I select sort, nothing happens to the data in the second area. I have
searched through the functions looking for something that will let me use the
"Contents" of the A5, A6 cells etc. in the area that I want to sort, but I
haven't found anything yet.

This whole process works if I have the second area on a seperate worksheet
and reference like so: =ORIGWORKSHEET!A5 etc.

Any help is greatly appreciated

Matt Caswell

I can't believe it was that simple. I have been pulling my hair out (what
hair I have left) for the last 2 hours. I can't thank you enough for pulling
me back from the brink of insanity!

matt