Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Mel Mel is offline

Default Microsoft Windows Error

Argh! I was using my Excel yesterday just fine. When I went to work in it
today it opened but up came the a Windows error.I proceeded to report it to
Microsoft . It came back that Problem caused by Microsoft Office 2000:
consider upgrading.It also mentioned downloading updates. I went to the
Microsoft page it directed me to and was irrate that I would have to upgrade
in order to get my information being held hostage. It will not allow me to
access my info. It keeps crashing and the error information keeps popping
up.Can anyone give me assitance on how to get to my information?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

does excel crash when you open a file, or every time you state it? Does it
crash every time you open any file, or just the one file?
You might have to re-install excel.
You could try downloading and installing office 2000 SP 3