ayanda

Default How do i access microsoft excel on windows xp?

I recently purchased a pc that came with windows xp home. I thought the
microsoft excel programme would come with it, but i can not find it anywhere.
Does this mean i have to purchase it seperately?

Ragdyer

YES !

Windows XP is an operating system.

Excel XP is an application.

RD

"ayanda" wrote in message
I recently purchased a pc that came with windows xp home. I thought the
microsoft excel programme would come with it, but i can not find it

anywhere.
Does this mean i have to purchase it seperately?

Gord Dibben

No version of Windows comes with Excel or MS Office.

You don't download Excel. You purchase it or Office Suite from a retailer or
order from MS on line. They will send you a CD.

For info on ordering see this website.

http://www.microsoft.com/office/programs/default.asp to see the Office
products and how to purchase.

Note:you probably don't need XL2003 so browse to the "previous versions"
section.

Check out Ebay for a deal on Office 97 or 2000. If you go this route, make
sure there is a licence for the product.

If you just want to view or print(no editing/saving) the Excel file you can

Download and install the Excel Viewer from....

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Sun, 17 Apr 2005 10:43:02 -0700, ayanda
wrote:

I recently purchased a pc that came with windows xp home. I thought the
microsoft excel programme would come with it, but i can not find it anywhere.
Does this mean i have to purchase it seperately?

bigwheel

"ayanda" wrote in message
I recently purchased a pc that came with windows xp home. I thought the
microsoft excel programme would come with it, but i can not find it

anywhere.
Does this mean i have to purchase it seperately?

For an alternative, go to http://www.openoffice.org/ and download a free
compatible set of applications