Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Opening Excel 2007

When I open 2007 for the first time. The following pops up.

"This workbook was created in an earlier beta version of Excel 2007. Excel
will convert the workbook to the most recent version of the Excel 2007 file
format when you save it. Before opening this workbook, verify that it is from
a trusted source."

This is strange because this is right at the opening of excel from clicking
the icon. I'm not even asking it to open a specific file. When I click on
"ok" it goes to Book 1.

everything probably works but I would like this to stop popping up every
time I open Excel.

Any Ideas??

Thanks

Christopher
--
Christopher
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Would you have created either of these during beta testing? (These are just
guesses, by the way.)

? personal.xls
? book.xlt template
? any installed add-ins

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com
_______

"Christopher" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Yes, probably. I have a MapPoint 2006 add-in from Beta. Personal.xls as far
as I know is where I store (used to store) my macros in 2003. Beta did n't
have these issues. It was great!
--
Christopher

"Jon Peltier" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Christopher did you follow the instruction for removing the beta? Any files
created by the beta, even start-up files, as identified by Jon, will cause
this issue as the file format was not fully nailed until RTM. I even think
B1 files will not open in RTM

--
HTH
Nick Hodge

"Jon Peltier" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Yes, I had Beta and huge problems with going to "Trial". But I have been
helped by people who know and all those files were removed. But how can I
say "all" when I still have a problem? I also get something about too many
fonts? Nothing is stopping me but it is just strange to open the file and
have prompts before I begin.
--
Christopher