Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Excel 2007

Alfred

I have just heard from MS and this is fixed now in internal builds, so will
work OK in future betas or the released product

--
HTH
Nick Hodge

"Nick Hodge" wrote in message
I'll check it out. I use it all the time too and hadn't noticed. My
point
was the import wizard, etc is still using the same code base as XL5, so it
must be a display issue??? or similar.

I'll take a look and get back

Just taken a look and it sucks! (Sorry) I will try and get a bug post in
or see if it's already been picked up by someone and get back.

--
HTH
Nick Hodge

"Alfred" wrote in message
I am sorry, I beg to differ. I use this function for a living. Import
availability figures from monitoring systems for SLA compliation.
Without
these figures we don't get paid. Excel 2003 does not have these
problems.

In Excel 2003, the boundaries adjustmentmay not be as good as Word, but
it
is bearable. In Excel 2007, it is really bad. Have you tried it?

regards
Alfred
"Nick Hodge" wrote:

Alfred

AFAIK, no change in this since XL5 (1992)

--
HTH
Nick Hodge

"Alfred" wrote in message
Excel 2007 beta 2 12.0.4017.1004

Import of plain text file really suck.

select Fixed width and try to create or move the colum boundaries.

1. The boundaries on screen is not synced to the tip of your mouse
pointer.
2. What you see on screen is not where the column actually appears.
3. Double click to remove boundaries is a hit and miss.

suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click
the
"I
Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button,
follow
this
link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and
then
click "I Agree" in the message pane.