Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How can I link a worksheet to another worksheet?

How can I link one worksheet in Workbook A to a worksheet in Workbook B?
What I would like to have happen is if I type in data into a worksheet in
Workbook A, it populates the same data in the worksheet in Workbook B. Any
help would be appreciated.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Open both workbooks, then in Workbook B, select the cell you wish to populate
(say A1) enter = then Alt+Tab to switch to Workbook A and select the cell
where you enter the data and then press return. You should end up with a
formula like this ='[WorkBook A.xls]Sheet1'!$A$1

"trainer07" wrote:

How can I link one worksheet in Workbook A to a worksheet in Workbook B?
What I would like to have happen is if I type in data into a worksheet in
Workbook A, it populates the same data in the worksheet in Workbook B. Any
help would be appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Remove the $ signs from $A$1 then drag/copy down and across.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP