-   -   How can I link a worksheet to another worksheet? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/123317-how-can-i-link-worksheet-another-worksheet.html)

trainer07

How can I link a worksheet to another worksheet?

How can I link one worksheet in Workbook A to a worksheet in Workbook B?
What I would like to have happen is if I type in data into a worksheet in
Workbook A, it populates the same data in the worksheet in Workbook B. Any
help would be appreciated.

bigwheel

How can I link a worksheet to another worksheet?

Open both workbooks, then in Workbook B, select the cell you wish to populate
(say A1) enter = then Alt+Tab to switch to Workbook A and select the cell
where you enter the data and then press return. You should end up with a
formula like this ='[WorkBook A.xls]Sheet1'!$A$1

"trainer07" wrote:

How can I link one worksheet in Workbook A to a worksheet in Workbook B?
What I would like to have happen is if I type in data into a worksheet in
Workbook A, it populates the same data in the worksheet in Workbook B. Any
help would be appreciated.

trainer07

How can I link a worksheet to another worksheet?

Do I need to repeat these steps for all the other cells on the worksheet or
is there a quicker way? Thanks!

"trainer07" wrote:

How can I link one worksheet in Workbook A to a worksheet in Workbook B?
What I would like to have happen is if I type in data into a worksheet in
Workbook A, it populates the same data in the worksheet in Workbook B. Any
help would be appreciated.

bigwheel

How can I link a worksheet to another worksheet?

Once you have the formula, this can be copied to other cells then amended to
give the correct cell reference back to Worksheet A

"trainer07" wrote:

How can I link one worksheet in Workbook A to a worksheet in Workbook
B?
What I would like to have happen is if I type in data into a worksheet
in
Workbook A, it populates the same data in the worksheet in Workbook B.
Any
help would be appreciated.

Gord Dibben

How can I link a worksheet to another worksheet?

Remove the $ signs from $A$1 then drag/copy down and across.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP