Reliabengr

Default How do I copy a worksheet without the link to the original workboo

I need to copy a worksheet that links to cells in another worksheet in the
workbook. This worksheet will be copied to 300 different excel files which
all have the same format but different data in the cells. Therefore, the
worksheet that is copied to the a specific workbook must link to the workbook
it is copied to and not the workbook it is copied from. How can this be done
with the least amount of effort? (Excel 2000)
Dave Peterson

I'd convert the formulas to text, copy|paste and convert the text back to
formulas.

In the original worksheet
select the range to copy (the whole worksheet)
edit|replace
what: = (equal sign)
with: $$$$$=
replace all

Copy the worksheet to the new workbook

Then change them back:
Select the pasted range
edit|replace
what: $$$$$=
with: =
replace all

Alternatively, you could just copy the worksheet and let the formulas link back
to the original workbook--then use Edit|links|change source.

--

Dave Peterson