Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Stop scrolling on 1 worksheet

I have a worksheet that has information on the first 50 rows. The rest of the
rows are hidden. I want to stop it from scrolling up out of sight. I know I
can hide the scroll bars but it will still scroll out of sight with the
scroll wheel on the mouse.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Ollie

You can set the allowable scrolling area using VBA code.

Since the scrollarea method does not stick between sessions you will have to
reset it each time you open the workbook.

You may wish to place the code into a WorkBook_Open Sub in ThisWorkbook module
and specify which worksheet if only one sheet required.

Adjust the sheetname and range to suit.

Private Sub WorkBook_Open()
Sheets("YourSheet").ScrollArea = "A1:T50"
End Sub

Or also in the Thisworkbook module to limit scrollarea on all sheets.

Private Sub Workbook_SheetActivate(ByVal Sh As Object)
With ActiveSheet
.ScrollArea = "A1:T50"
End With
End Sub

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Tue, 12 Dec 2006 17:35:01 -0800, Ollie
wrote:

I have a worksheet that has information on the first 50 rows. The rest of the
rows are hidden. I want to stop it from scrolling up out of sight. I know I
can hide the scroll bars but it will still scroll out of sight with the
scroll wheel on the mouse.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

nHello Gord

This works very well indeed. I dont understand what you mean by having to
reset between sessions. I have closed the workbook and Excel and opened it
all up again and it seems to be all working OK.

Thaks for you help.

Keep up the good work. It is very much appreciated.

wrote:

I have a worksheet that has information on the first 50 rows. The rest of the
rows are hidden. I want to stop it from scrolling up out of sight. I know I
can hide the scroll bars but it will still scroll out of sight with the
scroll wheel on the mouse.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
JMB JMB is offline

That is because the macros run every time the workbook is opened or a sheet
is activated, thereby resetting the scroll area each time one of those events
occurs. Otherwise, the scroll area is lost when you close and reopen the
workbook.

You could set it manually by clicking View/Toolbars/Control Toolbox, click
the properties button, but you would have to do this each time you opened the
workbook whereas the macros do it for you.

wrote:

I have a worksheet that has information on the first 50 rows. The rest of the
rows are hidden. I want to stop it from scrolling up out of sight. I know I
can hide the scroll bars but it will still scroll out of sight with the
scroll wheel on the mouse.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks JMB

"Ollie" wrote:

Hello Gord

This works very well indeed. I dont understand what you mean by having to
reset between sessions. I have closed the workbook and Excel and opened it
all up again and it seems to be all working OK.

Thanks for you help.

wrote:

I have a worksheet that has information on the first 50 rows. The rest of the
rows are hidden. I want to stop it from scrolling up out of sight. I know I
can hide the scroll bars but it will still scroll out of sight with the
scroll wheel on the mouse.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
JEP JEP is offline

Hi. I need some help. I have been using Excel 2003 since the beginning. All
of a sudden, I can't move around a spreadsheet. I click in a cell and then no
matter what I tried to do I can only select cells. I can't even get out of
the application without going through the task manager. What is wrong? And
how do I fix it? Sorry to interrupt this chat, but I can't figure out how to
get in. JEPedicini

wrote:

I have a worksheet that has information on the first 50 rows. The rest of the
rows are hidden. I want to stop it from scrolling up out of sight. I know I
can hide the scroll bars but it will still scroll out of sight with the
scroll wheel on the mouse.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

The F8 key toggles extended selection off and on.
It also displays "EXT" in the status bar at the lower right corner of the Excel window.
Press that key once and see if it cures the problem.
--
Jim Cone
San Francisco, USA