Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Couple of Office 2007 questions

Hi,

Theres a couple of things in Office 2007 that I cant figure out how to do.
I wonder if anyone can help.

1. If I have two instances of Excel open how can I toggle between them? In
Excel 2003 Id simply have used the Window menu, now I cant and I cant find
where this option is hidden.

2. How can I configure the new programs so that only one program window
appears in the task bar at any time? Help suggests right-clicking the
Taskbar, choosing Properties and then ticking Group similar taskbar
buttons. This doesnt work.

Any help or tips much appreciated.

Thanks

Karl

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

"Karl" wrote in message

There's a couple of things in Office 2007 that I can't figure out how to
do.
I wonder if anyone can help.

1. If I have two instances of Excel open how can I toggle between them? In
Excel 2003 I'd simply have used the Window menu, now I can't and I can't
find
where this option is hidden.

View tabWindows groupSwitch windows button

2. How can I configure the new programs so that only one program window
appears in the task bar at any time? Help suggests right-clicking the
Taskbar, choosing Properties and then ticking "Group similar taskbar
buttons". This doesn't work.

You have to pick a part of the background of the taskbar, and then you can
do it.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

"Bob Phillips" wrote in message

"Karl" wrote in message

There's a couple of things in Office 2007 that I can't figure out how to
do.
I wonder if anyone can help.

1. If I have two instances of Excel open how can I toggle between them?
In
Excel 2003 I'd simply have used the Window menu, now I can't and I can't
find
where this option is hidden.

View tabWindows groupSwitch windows button

By the way, this isn't two instances of Excel, it's one instance with two
open workbooks, and the Workbooks in Taskbar setting is selected.

2. How can I configure the new programs so that only one program window
appears in the task bar at any time? Help suggests right-clicking the
Taskbar, choosing Properties and then ticking "Group similar taskbar
buttons". This doesn't work.

You have to pick a part of the background of the taskbar, and then you can
do it.

Or turn off Windows in Taskbar. Click on the Office button (big funny round
thing, top left corner), click on the Excel Options button in the bottom of
the menu/dialog/window. Select Advanced on the left, and under Display in
the big pane, uncheck Show All Windows in Taskbar. Phew! Now I'm out of
breath!

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com
_______

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Jon

I think ToolsOptions.......... should now be

OfficeOptions... or ButtonOptions... or something, typing the navigation
sure wasn't thought of in the beta period!

--
HTH
Nick Hodge