Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Nick Hodge Nick Hodge is offline

Default Couple of Office 2007 questions

Jon

I think ToolsOptions.......... should now be

OfficeOptions... or ButtonOptions... or something, typing the navigation
sure wasn't thought of in the beta period!

--
HTH
Nick Hodge

"Jon Peltier" wrote in message

"Bob Phillips" wrote in message

"Karl" wrote in message

There's a couple of things in Office 2007 that I can't figure out how to
do.
I wonder if anyone can help.

1. If I have two instances of Excel open how can I toggle between them?
In
Excel 2003 I'd simply have used the Window menu, now I can't and I can't
find
where this option is hidden.

View tabWindows groupSwitch windows button

By the way, this isn't two instances of Excel, it's one instance with two
open workbooks, and the Workbooks in Taskbar setting is selected.

2. How can I configure the new programs so that only one program window
appears in the task bar at any time? Help suggests right-clicking the
Taskbar, choosing Properties and then ticking "Group similar taskbar
buttons". This doesn't work.

You have to pick a part of the background of the taskbar, and then you
can do it.

Or turn off Windows in Taskbar. Click on the Office button (big funny
round thing, top left corner), click on the Excel Options button in the
bottom of the menu/dialog/window. Select Advanced on the left, and under
Display in the big pane, uncheck Show All Windows in Taskbar. Phew! Now
I'm out of breath!

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP