Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Create an Identical Worksheet

Hello,

I would like to know if it is possible in Excel to create an identical
worksheet / named area. For example I have a named area in a worksheet
and I would like to have the identical named area in another worksheet.
If a change is made in one worksheet I would like the change to update
automatically in the other.

The formatting (borders etc) also needs to be identical in both
spreadsheets.

I thought I had found a solution using external data. If I delete an
entry/entries in one worksheet, click refresh data the other worksheet
is updated, but this causes problems with the formatting in the 2nd
worksheet.

I need to have both area's identical whatever change is made in one
i.e. Font size the same change is made in the other.

Please can someone offer some advice.

Regards,

Brett

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

May be best to do by the Change event. In the sheet you want copied,
right-click the sheet tab, select View Code, paste thisin:
On Error Resume Next
Application.DisplayAlerts = False
Sheets("CopyofSheet1").Delete
Me.Copy Befo=Sheets(2)
ActiveSheet.Name = "CopyofSheet1"
Me.Activate
End Sub
Note -- this won't "fire" if you simply change a color or name a range, but
any change on the sheet will do it.
HTH

"Brett24" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Another option would be to select both sheets by holding the Ctrl key and
clicking on the tab. The information entered in the first sheet will also be
entered in the second sheet.
Gary