Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default 2 formula for 1 cell

I trade on the forex market and need to make a spreadsheet to track my
trading. I'm having trouble getting the right results. ie: on a good trade if
i sell at 1.2500 and buy at 1.2400 i make 100units. and i can write a fomula
for this however if i make a bad trade ie: sell for 1.2500 and buy at 1.2550
i lose 50units. i can't get a formula to give me that result in the same
cell. any traders might know what i mean other wise ill try post an example
of what i have done so far. all help much appreciated.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Both the examples that you gave were sell then buy. Is your problem that you
are also dealing with the case where you buy then sell, and your spreadsheet
must show this fact too?

"Matt_fact" wrote in message
I trade on the forex market and need to make a spreadsheet to track my
trading. I'm having trouble getting the right results. ie: on a good trade
if
i sell at 1.2500 and buy at 1.2400 i make 100units. and i can write a
fomula
for this however if i make a bad trade ie: sell for 1.2500 and buy at
1.2550
i lose 50units. i can't get a formula to give me that result in the same
cell. any traders might know what i mean other wise ill try post an
example
of what i have done so far. all help much appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

As long as all purchases are in Column A and sales are in Column B,
timing of transaction and timing of input in both cells do not matter

HTH
Carim