Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
birdwig

Default The Good Ole Work Schedule...

Well I did search for it and found a couple things that might help, but
the one that I think would have helped the most had dead links in it. I
have a very simple schedule. Only 3 people on it, however I have to
present it to a superior and want it to look nice. I only need the
chart, but obviously the data in the spreadsheet is required too to
build the chart.

The mall we work at is open various hours(especially over the next
month). I want a chart with a bar that shows the malls hours. Then
below it, in separate rows, a bar for each shift that will cover the
malls hours for that day. Basically there will be a bar chart for each
day.

The problem I'm running into is that I can't get the chart to display
the malls' hours. Also with 'Rachel' working 5 pm - 10 pm it does this
weird overlap thing and makes 2 bars. You'll see what I'm talking about
in my excel file attached.

I know it is probably something really simple that I'm missing but I
can't just figure it out. I need to have this done ASAP so any help is
appreciated. Also I've linked to an image that I've drawn up (quick
sketch) to show kind of exactly what I want.

Dustin

edit: I decided to stick the xls file he
http://www.hellodustin.com/Dustinschedule.xls

--
birdwig
birdwig's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=29195