Beth

Default creating an invoice for work

I am creating an invoice at work, and the owner will be using it as well.
The problem is she doesn't know anything about computers so I am trying to
make it as easy as possible. I have the invoice set up so that all she will
have to do is type in the customers name, and then by using the vlookup
function the address and other info of the customer is automatically entered
into the invoice. Second she needs to enter the COA number (Certificate of
Authenticity which is how we distinguish each autograph) and then I also have
a vlookupfunction for that so it will automatically display the description
of the piece and the price. The problem is say I have the vlookup carried
down the column so you can enter up to 10 pieces, well if the customer only
buys 2 then the other 8 prices say #N/A because the vlookup formula doesn't
work without the coa number. How can I make it so that doesn't show up???
because when that error does show up, then the autosum for the total price of
the items doesn't work and it screws up the rest of the invoice!

Help would be greatly appreciated asap.
Thank you
Anne Troy

=if(isna(vlookup....),"",(vlookup....))

Also, try this for a bunch more other "features":
http://www.myexpertsonline.com/freedls/invoices.zip

*******************
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com

"Beth" wrote in message
[...]

jeanette.rimmer

Hi, Im doing a similar project to Beth, also creating for a boss who has
little patience!!

Ive downloaded your invoices file and its very impressive.
One little question, I need to create the service type of invoice that youve
set up. But when I click on new invoice then this goes onto the new product
invoice screen and not the new service type. Can you give me a way to fix
this?

Thanks

Jeanette
news:165e3$42d80879$97c5108d$13532@allthenewsgroup s.com...

"Beth" wrote in message
[...]

Anne Troy

Okay, Jeanette. I'm no programmer. I dabble, at best. BUT... I think... Open
the workbook, then hit Alt+F11 to get into the Visual Basic Editor. Scroll
down a bit until you see this:
______________________
Sub NewInvoice()
Dim rngInvNumber As Range
Sheet1.Select
Sheet1.Range("NeedDel").Select
Selection.ClearContents
Sheet1.Range("G3").Select
Set rngInvNumber = Range("Sales!A2:A1000")
For i = 1 To 1000
If rngInvNumber.Cells(i, 1) = "" Then
If Not IsNumeric(rngInvNumber.Cells(i - 1, 1).Value) Then
Sheet1.Range("G3").Value = Sheet1.Range("J4").Value
Else
Sheet1.Range("G3").Value = rngInvNumber.Cells(i - 1,
1).Value + 1
End If
Exit For
End If
Next i
Sheet1.Select
Sheet1.Range("B12").Select

End Sub
________________________

Now, change the LAST line before the End Sub to read
Sheet6.Range("B12").Select
Hit the SAVE diskette! Close the VBE.
I think that should do it!
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com

"Beth" wrote in message
[...]

jeanette.rimmer

Hi, I ammended all occurences of the sheet1 and that seems to work,

kind regards

Jeanette
news:8924e$42d92081$97c5108d$25814@allthenewsgroup s.com...