Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Keeping Custom Chart Settings

I'm working with a chart generated from a pivot table. I've used a 3D
chart in B&W because it will most likely be printed on a non-color printer by
those who receive it. The problem I'm having is that any custom settings I
use on the chart are "undone" if the source pivot table is adjusted.
Is there a way to chart a pivot table so that the custom chart settings
remain intact when the pivot table is adjusted, but allow the chart to
continue to reflect the current (new data) pivot table information? (chart
view will update with any pivot table manipulation.)
--
Thanks for any and all suggestions.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

This is a common problem with pivot charts - formatting is volatile. You
could make a custom chart type and apply it as needed, or record a macro
while reformatting the chart, and repeat the macro as needed.

Why does a 3D chart work better on a non-color printer? I'd think the B&W
applied to a 2D chart would produce the best informational displays.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions