Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default saving autofiltercustom filter settings

I'm using Excel 2003
I have a sheet which contains records from several employees, who list
problems with customers.

If I want to select all the problems one specific employee is handling, I
can filter column A (where their names are) with customequals [name]

How, if at all, can I preserve a number of settings for this filter? Can I
create a dropdown list where I already have john, jack, amy, and ann as
options?

The same problem pertains to several other columns that contain discrete
values.

Thanks,

Edwin

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Maybe you could use ViewCustom Views.

Do your autofilter on John then name this Custom View as John.

Continue with other autofiltering and name those views also.

The filtered views will automatically adjust to encompass new entries in those
categories.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP