Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Edwin199976 Edwin199976 is offline

Default saving autofiltercustom filter settings

I'm using Excel 2003
I have a sheet which contains records from several employees, who list
problems with customers.

If I want to select all the problems one specific employee is handling, I
can filter column A (where their names are) with customequals [name]

How, if at all, can I preserve a number of settings for this filter? Can I
create a dropdown list where I already have john, jack, amy, and ann as
options?

The same problem pertains to several other columns that contain discrete
values.

Thanks,

Edwin