Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Too Many Headings, Values for Chart Feature To Handle???

I'm having problems setting up a chart with the following headings (see
below). The Chart Wizard will only let me select so many headings (&
values). If I CTRL - click one heading too many, the list field window clears
and shows the last cell selected. Any ideas what's happening here?

Column Headings:
Aerosol, Art, Batch, Bulk, Dykem, Mark-Tex ,Outsource, Quality, R&D,
Receiving, Scrubs, Shipping, WHC

Colimn Subheadings: DEV, NCP

Row Headings:
BATCHING
CODING
FILLING
HANDLING HAZCOM
IMPROVEMENT
INVENTORY
LABEL DEFECT
PACKAGE DEFECT
RAW MATERIAL
RECEIVING
RECORDS
RELEASE
TEST SPEC
YIELDS
TOTALS BY DEPARTMENT
--
DSM
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Are the headings in separate cells, which you have to select using
CTRL+Click? In that case you need to arrange the data so that everything is
in contiguous ranges.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

"Dave" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

I merged the the top cells of 2 columns for the header label "Aerosol". The 2
subheadings are under it. I have 2 values (Dev & NCP), one under each
subheadings, for all 13 header labels. I want to chart Dev and NCP values
separately. Can this be done using a pivot table? I've never used them
before.
--
DSM