Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Handle missing values

Hi! I have a data set that sometimes contains missing values (#MISSING!). I
want to make graphs of the data and I want the graph to just skip the missing
values. How can I do that? Most thankful for any help!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

The cells say "#MISSING!"?? How unfortunate.

Either delete all the #MISSING! entries in the table (to leave blank cells),
replace them with #N/A! (works best for line and XY charts), or build a
table linked to the first with formulas like

=IF(ISNUMBER(A1),A1,NA())

where NA() produces #N/A in the cells. Use this second table as the chart
source data.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP