Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default chart headings

I have a chart that apparently has a hidden text box in the upper left
corner. When I go to this chart in the spreadsheet on the computer, the
header does not appear. However, it does appear when I print the chart. How
do I edit this 'textbox'?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Hi,

Are you sure it is embedded within the chart and not floating above it.
If it is floating it will disappear when the chart is selected.

If it is within the chart you should be able to use the up/down cursor
keys to cycle through chart elements which will include the textbox.

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Is it possible the text box is under the chart? Drag the chart right and
down to see.
OR
Click the chart, tap one of the arrow (navigation) keys while looking in the
Name box (to left of Formula Bar). See if a text box shows up as Text Box 1
or maybe Rectangle 1.
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

"Daren" wrote in message
I have a chart that apparently has a hidden text box in the upper left
corner. When I go to this chart in the spreadsheet on the computer, the
header does not appear. However, it does appear when I print the chart.
How
do I edit this 'textbox'?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Hello,

I cycled through it like you said, but wasn't able to find it in the chart.
However, at in some cells below the graph, some details are written which i
thought would be included in that box that actually appears above the chart
in the top left corner when I print it out. I also moved the graph around
and found nothing underneath it. Might it be a macro or embedding?

Thanks.

Daren wrote:
I have a chart that apparently has a hidden text box in the upper left
corner. When I go to this chart in the spreadsheet on the computer, the
header does not appear. However, it does appear when I print the chart. How
do I edit this 'textbox'?

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Bernard,

The text box is not under the chart...at least I ddin't see it when I moved
the chart.

Also, I clicked on the chart and cycled through it but did not see any
related information pop up on the name box as you suggested.

Might it be embedded somewhere behind the chart or come from a macro?

Thanks.

"Daren" wrote in message
I have a chart that apparently has a hidden text box in the upper left
corner. When I go to this chart in the spreadsheet on the computer, the
header does not appear. However, it does appear when I print the chart.
How
do I edit this 'textbox'?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

well done