Member

Exclamation Drop line graphic

Just wondering if excel can cope with this?
I'd sooner continue my project in excel than learn another program if possible!

I need to produce a graphical representaion of the attached jpg. Perhaps a chart?? (sorry for my leaky pen but hopefully you'll get the idea!)

Let me explain.
the start point is a variable on a scale 0-100 which the sheet knows. say A B or C A=30 B=45 C=36

The subsequent lines change the start point number
ie (using the letters down the right hand side)
E = +8
D = +6
C = +2
B = -11
A = -6

The chart needs the slanting lines (repesenting 200,500 etc) or some other indication so that a manual check can be made of the computer caluculation. (The 200,500 lines can be calculated as numbers on the same 0-100 scale)

The sheet has elsewhere calculated these numbers and produced a result. Its the graphical representation of whats going on that I'm after.

Can it cope, and does anyone have any pointers????
cheers
Nobby
Attached Images

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Drop line graphic

Could you give a little information about what the chart is trying to
represent?

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com
_______

"nobbyknownowt" wrote in message

[...]

|Filename: drop line.JPG |
|Download: http://www.excelbanter.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=82|

nobbyknownowt

Member

Hi Jon
The chart is the representation of a shift in center of gravity as an aircraft is loaded.
The letters down the left indicate a particular area, each area will have a different effect on the index at the top depending on the weight and distance rfom the fulcrum.

Now excel can calculate all this for me and produce the necessary answers.

What I would like to do it put a chart (stacked line xy or something) so that a manual check of what is going on can be done where there is no computer access (ie on an aircraft).

In the jpg. the line starts at the top, moves vertically down until it intersects a slanted line it then moves horizontally (left or right dependant on the arrow at the left) a corresponding amount. (I would think that the x index +/-change would be used for this) Then the line drops down vertically again tio the next section.

So the slanted lines represent say a 200kg weight in the area and if there was 400kg in the area the line would drop into the section from above move across 2 slanted lines before dropping to the lext area.

All the actual numbers required for the chart have already been calculated by the spreadsheet, its just how to transfer them over and formt the chart.

heres hoping
cheers
Nobby
Member

Talking

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha haaaarrrrrrrrr!!!!!
!!

Have done it somewhat longhand mind!

Have made every single diagonal line a data series x coords index difference and y coords even numbers 0 - 14
and then run the drop line through the lot x coords on the index change and y coords odd numbers 1-13.

Works a treat and looks just like the jpeg but makes for a long a tedious job. Too big a file to attach to post

off to rest me tired fingers!!!

nobby