Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Jon Peltier Jon Peltier is offline

Default Drop line graphic

Could you give a little information about what the chart is trying to
represent?

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com
_______

"nobbyknownowt" wrote in message

Just wondering if excel can cope with this?
I'd sooner continue my project in excel than learn another program if
possible!

I need to produce a graphical representaion of the attached jpg.
Perhaps a chart?? (sorry for my leaky pen but hopefully you'll get the
idea!)

Let me explain.
the start point is a variable on a scale 0-100 which the sheet knows.
say A B or C A=30 B=45 C=36

The subsequent lines change the start point number
ie (using the letters down the right hand side)
E = +8
D = +6
C = +2
B = -11
A = -6

The chart needs the slanting lines (repesenting 200,500 etc) or some
other indication so that a manual check can be made of the computer
caluculation. (The 200,500 lines can be calculated as numbers on the
same 0-100 scale)

The sheet has elsewhere calculated these numbers and produced a result.
Its the graphical representation of whats going on that I'm after.

Can it cope, and does anyone have any pointers????
cheers
Nobby

|Filename: drop line.JPG |
|Download: http://www.excelbanter.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=82|