Excel-lover

Default Can't print diagonal borders although they show on print preview

We prepared a spreadsheet and we decided to use diagonal borders on the
angled titles. Although we can see them on Print Preview, the borders won't
print. Please help!
David McRitchie

Hi ...,
If you print gridlines, the gridlines will not be angled
File, Page Setup, Sheet, [x] print gridlines

But if you have borders, the borders will be angled
select all cells Ctrl+A (ctrl+shift+spacebar plus bitter words if you have 2003)
then use the borders toolbar dropdown or use format, cells, borders

---
HTH,

"Excel-lover" wrote in message ...
We prepared a spreadsheet and we decided to use diagonal borders on the
angled titles. Although we can see them on Print Preview, the borders won't
print. Please help!

Excel-lover

Thank you, David, but our problem involves only the titles, which is in Row
1. We angled the titles, then went to FormatCellsBorders and clicked on
the Left Vertical border and the diagonal (left to right) border to match the
angled titles. They look nice on the screen but when we try to print it,
only the titles show; the diagonal borders won't print. That is our problem.

"Excel-lover" wrote:

We prepared a spreadsheet and we decided to use diagonal borders on the
angled titles. Although we can see them on Print Preview, the borders won't
print. Please help!

Gord Dibben

David

I have an aberrant installation of Excel 2003.

CTRL + A(once) will select all.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Mon, 29 Aug 2005 18:10:22 -0400, "David McRitchie"
wrote:

Hi ...,
If you print gridlines, the gridlines will not be angled
File, Page Setup, Sheet, [x] print gridlines

But if you have borders, the borders will be angled
select all cells Ctrl+A (ctrl+shift+spacebar plus bitter words if you have 2003)
then use the borders toolbar dropdown or use format, cells, borders

---
HTH,

"Excel-lover" wrote in message ...
We prepared a spreadsheet and we decided to use diagonal borders on the
angled titles. Although we can see them on Print Preview, the borders won't
print. Please help!

David McRitchie

Why not select all cells, all borders.
What did you see in Print Preview -- I hate wasting paper and ink...
It is the bottom that is angled.

"Excel-lover" wrote...
Thank you, David, but our problem involves only the titles, which is in Row
1. We angled the titles, then went to FormatCellsBorders and clicked on
the Left Vertical border and the diagonal (left to right) border to match the
angled titles. They look nice on the screen but when we try to print it,
only the titles show; the diagonal borders won't print. That is our problem.

David McRitchie

Hi Gord,
Maybe you installed a macro, or an addin ?
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel...x2k.htm#foobar
or you are very lucky. (off the record who did you bribe at Microsoft)
Maybe some drag and drop type of option.

"Gord Dibben" <gorddibbATshawDOTca wrote ...
I have an aberrant installation of Excel 2003.
CTRL + A(once) will select all.

RagDyer

All you have to do is format the borders to"outline" the cells with any type
of line.

*DON'T* use any diagonals!

Simply create a rectangular perimeter around each cell, and the 45 degree
orientation will take care of the rest.
--
HTH,

RD