Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

Default Extracting data from multiple new workbooks via one master workboo

Every week several reports are generated from a vendor in pdf format. These
reports are converted (successfully for the most part) using Able2ExtractPro.

I have created a complex master spreadsheet that examins the converted pdf
xlsx and extracts the needed data.

The problems is: Each new sheet has a different name. Therefore the
reference to the new sheet need be changed in the master sheet to be able to
locate the cells in that sheet. Short of search and replace in the master
sheet changing the reference to the name of the new sheet, is there a way to
reference the sheet name in one cell (on the master) and have all other
reference look to that?

For example On the Master sheet where all the calculations are. Cell A2
would contain "workbookname[sheet1]" . Then all calculationas and lookups
would refer to A2 as in the following. =sum(A2)[D2:D3000].

Of course, the above does not work and I've tried the Address function and
everything alse I can think of. Any ideas?

Bob
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

Hmm,

Only answering because old and unanswered.

Would INDIRECT function be of any use, I wonder?

Cheers,

Matt